I’m back with another edition of thoughts that have been swirling around my head this week! Enjoy the randomness!
- Why does Subway charge an extra $2 if you turn a sub into a salad? They’re taking away the bread and cheese and using literally the same amount of vegetables, yet I have to pay more? Am I being punished because I want a salad?No wonder people give up trying to eat healthy! Perhaps I’ll order a sub and get extra spinach on it then toss the bread and boom–SALAD!
- I actually enjoy black coffee and I can’t believe it! In college, I worked the midnight shift at Tim Hortons for a little while (until I realized that going to school full time, having another job and sleep were more important!). While I worked there I tried to like coffee. I would get a mug and fill it with 3/4 hot chocolate, 1/4 coffee and a giant pile of whipped cream. It was barely coffee but it started me down the road. Now I prefer a bolder roast (NOT Tim Hortons!) and can even drink it black. Am I a grown up now?
- Why did we buy such a big kiddie pool this summer?! It’s great and J loves it, but it’s impossible to clean out. Last time Aimee and I had to use buckets and dump the water out slowly until we could tip it upside down. The water is currently disgusting because none of us want to do that again. Imagine if we had an inground pool?!
- When is the weather going to figure itself out? It has multiple personalities and can’t decide what it wants to do. It’s boiling hot one minute and then pouring rain the next.
- 2017 is more than halfway over. How did that happen?
- I still don’t like sweet potatoes. I’ve tried valiantly over the past year, but nope. Still hate them.
What random thoughts have been swirling around in your mind lately?