The past two days have been great….yet, there have been a few times (ok…maybe 10?!) where I’ve been shaking my head wondering what on earth is going on!! I could write a few pages but I’ll give you the bullet point version:
- We had a funeral to attend a few hours away on Sunday. At a rest stop we realized J’s pull up was dry but his pants were soaked. Ugh. Shorts for a funeral it was!
- We are seated in the second row for the funeral & it is completely silent while they close the curtain at the front of the funeral home. J finds this hilarious and laughs loudly while proclaiming, “FUNNY!”
- I abort the funeral carrying J to the back and then heading down stairs (because the funeral home is quite small!). J falls down the last two stairs and wails loudly filling the funeral home with the sounds of his sobbing.
- A nice elderly lady gives J a plate with FOUR DESSERT SQUARES on it at the hall after the funeral. He stuffs two in his mouth before we get it away from him. Plus side…he is having a blast with his cousin, Sam! They’re the absolute cutest together!!
- On the drive home, J throws up three times–once on Chloe. Enough said. He finally gets into bed. (Then I went for my run to erase the day!)
- I turned my alarm off Monday morning causing my kids to miss their exercise class. Aimee was horrified. Apparently, I was tired.
- Anson had a lot of stuff to get done for a project this morning for his new business, but he is also finishing his last couple days at Nissan. I was trying to help him…. J wasn’t cooperating.
- Anson left for work and I had him on speakerphone trying to finish some paperwork with him while he was driving. I thought giving J a fudgescicle (at 10 am… don’t even try to pretend you’ve never done this people!) would keep him occupied. He was sitting on the floor beside me….but, I was distracted.
- I turned around and saw that the floor (no carpet, thankfully!) was covered in chocolate… along with J and the walls. He is remarkably silent when he wants to be… (note to self…take fudgescicles to all future funerals. He will be a mess, but won’t laugh at inappropriate times).
- I hang up with Anson and clean J, the floor and the walls. I call Anson back.
- I feed J applesauce while typing and talking on the phone. J grabs the applesauce causing half to go all over my legs and the other half to go on the table. I hang up on Anson again!
- I decide to put J in the bath because it’s water and at least it’s easy to clean up, right? I try to finish typing and manage a couple minutes of listening to only car sounds being made from the tub before I hear a shout. (I’m like two feet away… never fear!)
- J thought pooping in the tub was a good option for today. I get him rinsed and out of the tub and then manage to get poop all over my hand as I clean the tub. I scrub my hand, roll my eyes seventeen times and mop the wet floor.
- I resort to the TV and J falls asleep five minutes into Paw Patrol. I move him to his room and finally finish the paperwork for Anson.
- It’s barely lunch, but I’m exhausted. Our AC isn’t working and I can’t stop sweating! How do people with twins do this?! My cousin and his wife have twin boys (plus two girls). I feel like I should make them a trophy.
How was your weekend?! Above all–I hope it was poop free!!