Remember those goals I wrote about the first week I started this blog? They are the ones I have barely spoken of again. Sadly.
One of my goals is to run a marathon which is the only thing I have been consistently working toward, so I don’t need to mention it again.
Another goal was to organize our memories and I have truly done nothing with that. It is a daunting task, so I have taken the lazy approach and avoided it completely. I do have some plans for some things, so I promise that next week I will have a post up about this goal!
The last goal was to read a book every month! In January I failed; in February I read one book; and in March I have actually read THREE?! What on earth? One is not even worth mentioning, but the other two that I read are part of the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. I’ve read all of her other books and had picked up the newest one over a year ago and never read it! I finally opened it and remembered why I like this authour. She is hilarious in a ridiculous yet somehow believable way. It doesn’t hurt my brain to read her books; the stories are interesting and different and they make me laugh out loud. I finished this book and sent Aimee to the library to grab the next one for me (the library is really close to our house. Yes, I still get fines. Yes, it’s embarrassing. Anson says it’s a good thing there aren’t credit scores for libraries because I would never be allowed another library card. He is definitely not wrong on this…). Anyhow, I (of course) didn’t take a picture of the second book before I took it back but I really enjoyed them both. They’re not going to change anyone’s lives or make you think deeply, but since I tend to think too deeply all by myself I sometimes like to read books that don’t challenge me. I hope that’s not a bad thing… I should find a self help book to read, shouldn’t I?!
Since today is the last day of March, I pulled out some other books to read in April. Here are few I have chosen:
- Sycamore Row by John Grisham–I haven’t read a Grisham novel in years, and since this one has been sitting on my desk for months I thought I should actually read it!
- The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey–Aimee & I are waiting for the 5th Wave books to be available at the library. The hold line is insanely long! This is the same authour so I thought I would give him a try.
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green–I wasn’t in love with the last John Green book I read but I did find it intriguing; so, now I’m trying this one!
- The Giver by Lois Lowry–Aimee is reading this in school and doing lots of discussion, etc about it. I have already seen the movie so I’m not sure I really want to read it; but, I might give it a shot!
- The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck–this is an old book that was recommended to me by a reader on my first post about my goals for the year! I am going to try to pick it up from the library this week.
- The Illegal by Lawrence Hill–I saw this book in Chapters on a display and I was intrigued by the story. I am also very interested to read more about this authour and his own personal story, but I will save that for another blog post!
This list is ambitious for me and maybe I won’t finish all six books in April! I am definitely going to do my best though! Go big or go home, right?
Has anyone else read anything good lately? I love getting recommendations!